Cook Time: 3 Hours | Min Temp: 140º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-4 Whole ducks, thawed if necessary
- Olive oil
- PBC All-Purpose Pit Rub
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Lightly coat all sides of each duck with olive oil, followed by a liberal dusting of the All-Purpose Pit Rub.
Tip: Make sure that you season the areas under the wings.
- Insert one hook into the neck end of the duck and then push the pointed end out the side of one of the breasts, ensuring that the hooks have enough clearance to hang from the rods. Repeat the process for the remaining duck(s).
- Hang the duck(s) from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 3 hours, or until the center of the thickest part of each breast reaches an internal temperature of 140º.
Tip: To help nail the perfect temperature each time we recommend the outstanding thermometers from ThermoWorks.
- Remove the duck(s) from the PBC, and the hooks from the duck(s). Lightly tent with foil and let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Carve into individual pieces using a large knife, then plate, serve and enjoy!