Cook Time: 45 Mins* | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-6 2-3 lb. Beef tri-tip roast
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the tri-tip from the package, let rest until room temperature, and coat all sides liberally with the Beef & Game Pit Rub.
- Place one hook through the center of the wide end of each roast (about 2-3 inches from the end).
- Hang the roast(s) from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 45 minutes, or until the center of the thickest part of each roast reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125º for medium-rare — shown using the ThermoWorks Thermapen®).
- Remove the roast(s) from the PBC, and the hooks from the tri-tip.
- Cut across the grain into ¼ to ½ inch slices, serve and enjoy!