Cook Time: 2-3 Hours | Minimum Temp: 140º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-2 10-12lb. Ham(s), fully-cooked, not spiral-sliced
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the ham(s) from the package and let rest until room temperature.
- Insert two hooks into the ham, one on each side, so that the hooks point in the same direction and have enough clearance to hang from the rods. You want the hooks oriented such that the thick end of the teardrop shape of the ham is toward the PBC lid.
- Hang the ham(s) from the rods in the PBC, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 2 – 2½ hours, depending on size, then start checking the internal temperature (shown using the ThermoWorks Thermapen®) in the center of the thickest part of each.
- If needed, continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 140º.
- Remove the smoked ham(s) from the PBC, and the hooks from the ham(s). Loosely tent with foil and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Slice your smoked ham into individual serving-size portions, serve and enjoy!