Salami & Pepper Jack Puff Pastry
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
*Cook times may vary
- 2 pre-made puff pastry sheets
- 2 C shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 thin slices of Italian dry salami
- Jalapeño jelly, Shirley Ann’s is recommended
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Place one puff pastry sheet on a non-stick cooking stone.
- Add 1 C shredded pepper jack cheese in a even layer.
- Overlap 12 slices of salami in an even layer on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 C shredded cheese on top of the salami.
- Cover with second puff pastry sheet, seal the edges and poke holes in the top with a fork.
- Place the puff pastry on the grill grate inside the PBC and cook for 30 mins with the lid slightly cracked, until golden brown.
- Remove from the PBC and slice diagonally with a pizza cutter into bite-size pieces.
- Serve with jalapeño jelly and enjoy!