Cook Time: 12-15 Mins* | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-8 Ribeye or other steaks, preferrably 2” thick
- Olive oil
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the steak(s) from the package and let rest until room temperature.
- Lightly coat all sides of each steak with olive oil, followed by a moderate dusting of Beef & Game Pit Rub.
- Install the grill grate in the PBC, arrange the steaks on the grate, leaving space between each.
Tip: Using tongs and a paper towel, apply a coat of olive oil to grill grate prior to cooking to prevent sticking.
- With the lid OFF, cook for 6-7 minutes, flip, then continue cooking for another 6-7 minutes, or until the steak reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125º for medium-rare).
Tip: To help nail the perfect temperature each time we recommend the outstanding thermometers from ThermoWorks.
- Remove the steaks from the PBC and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!