Rack of Lamb
Cook Time: 35-60 Mins | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-6 1½ – 2 lb. Rack(s) of lamb
- Olive oil
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the rack(s) of lamb from the package and let rest until room temperature.
- Lightly coat with olive oil, then season liberally with the Beef & Game Pit Rub.
Optional: Remove the membrane before applying Pit Rub.
- Place one hook through the widest portion of each rack, between the second and third bone (about 2-3 inches from the end).
- Hang the rack(s) from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 35-45 minutes, or until the center of the thickest part of each rack reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125º for medium-rare).
Tip: To help nail the perfect temperature each time we recommend the outstanding thermometers from ThermoWorks.
- Remove the rack(s) from the PBC, and the hooks from each rack. Loosely tent with foil and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Slice into individual portions, serve and enjoy!