Award Winning Ribs
Cook Time: 2½-4 Hours | Min. Temp: 160º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-8 Slabs pork ribs, St. Louis or baby back (also called loin back)
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Barbecue sauce to taste
KC Masterpiece® Classic is recommended
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the ribs from the package, rinse gently with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels.
- If present on bone side of the ribs, trim the skirt so that it’s flush with bones.
- Remove membrane (recommended) by prying up one end with a butter knife and, using a paper towel to grip, pulling along the ribs until comes free.
- Moderately coat both sides of ribs with the Beef and Game Pit Rub.
- Place one hook at least two bones down into the center of the thicker end (often the end with the narrower width) of each slab until it’s secure.
- Hang the ribs from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each slab, and secure the lid.
- Cook for approximately 3-4 hours for St. Louis style ribs, or 2-3 hours for baby backs, until the meat starts to pull back from the of the bone, approximately ¼ – ½ inches. Cook times may vary according to elevation as well.
TIP: Check in and look at the ribs each hour until familiar with the PBC cooking process.
- Remove the slabs from the PBC, leaving the hooks in place, and coat each side with barbecue sauce to taste.
- Hang the ribs back in the PBC and cook for approximately 30 minutes until BBQ sauce is caramelized.
- Remove ribs from the PBC (confirming doneness), and cut into individual ribs using a large knife.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!