PBC Turkey Soup
Cook Time: 40-50 Minutes
*Cook times are approximate and may vary
- 4 C PBC turkey, white and/or dark meat, cubed
- 2 (or more) liters chicken stock or chicken broth or both. Note: Add water if needed to achieve desired consistency – as the barley expands, it absorbs the liquid.
- 4 teaspoons “Better than Bouillon” chicken base
- 4 C barley, pearl or purple
- 3 C whole baby carrots
- 2 C onion, chopped
- 3 C potatoes, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook turkey in the PBC according to instructions, or use leftovers as available.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Simmer uncovered over medium heat for 40-50 mins (until barley and potatoes are cooked).
- Serve with rosemary or sage bread chunks, and enjoy!
This is a fantastic use for your holiday leftovers, or as a standalone dish any time of the year. The smoky flavor of the PBC turkey pairs perfectly without overpowering the heartiness of the barley to create a deliciously unique and robust soup! Contributed by PBC user Candice C. Thanks, Candice!