PBC Mac ‘n Cheese
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
*Cook times may vary
- 12 oz Elbow macaroni
- 1 Egg
- 2 C Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 1/2 C Shredded cheese of choice (preferably unsmoked)
- Bacon, fully cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mac ‘n Cheese is a classic dish as versatile as it is delicious. The directions below are meant to serve as basic guidelines – feel free to experiment with different recipes, making it as fancy or simple as you want!
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Boil the macaroni according to the package directions until slightly soft but not fully cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a large bowl, add the butter and cheese to the mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and gently stir until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, top with more cheese if desired and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the filled dish on the grill grate the Pit Barrel® Cooker and secure the lid.
Note: If you own a Hinged Grill Grate, PBC Mac ‘n Cheese is a perfect side dish for pork or beef ribs. Cook the ribs according to the instructions and add the mac n’ cheese to the grate 45 minutes prior to the ribs being done.
- After 35 minutes, sprinkle bacon bits evenly on top of the macaroni.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!