Cook Time: 2-3 Hours | Desired Temp: 200º
*Cook times may vary
- 3-5 lb. Pre-Brined Corned Beef Brisket
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- 1/4 cup Beer, beef broth, or water (wrapping liquid)
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove corned beef brisket from package, lightly rinse with water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Lightly coat both sides of the corned beef with PBC Beef and Game Rub.
- Place one hook through the corned beef brisket.
- Hang brisket from rods in the PBC.
- Cook approximately 1-1.5 hours, or until the center of the thickest part of the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160-170º (shown using the ThermoWorks ChefAlarm®).
- Remove the brisket from the PBC to a large platter or sheet pan, remove the hook, and wrap it fat-side-down in a double layer of heavy-duty foil, adding the beer, broth or water before sealing the foil.
Tip: Wrap it as tightly as you can without piercing the foil.
- Remove the rods from the PBC, install the grill grate, and put the wrapped brisket on the grate with the sealed/crimp of the foil facing up.
- Leaving the rods out, secure the lid, and continue cooking the brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 200º, about 1-1.5 hours.
- Remove smoked corned beef from the PBC, open the foil seal about 1 inch to vent the steam, and let it rest about 30-40 minutes.
- Carve the smoked corned beef against the grain.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!