Cook Time: 45-60 Mins | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary!
- 1-6 5-8lb. Beef tenderloin(s)
- Olive oil
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the tenderloin(s) from the package, rinse gently with cold water, pat dry with paper towels, and let rest until room temperature.
Optional: Remove the silverskin, if desired.
- Lightly coat all sides of each tenderloin with olive oil, then season liberally with the Beef & Game Pit Rub.
- Insert one hook into the center of the thicker end of the tenderloin(s).
- Hang the tenderloin(s) from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 35-45 minutes, depending on size, then start checking the internal temperature (shown using the ThermoWorks Thermapen®) in the center of the thickest part of each.
- If needed, continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125º for medium-rare).
- Remove the tenderloin(s) from the PBC, and the hooks from the tenderloin. Cover loosely with foil, and let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Slice into individual serving-size portions, serve and enjoy!