Cook Time: 2.5 Hours
*Cook times may vary
- 4 strips Bacon
- 2 Red onions, chopped fine
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 oz size) Baked beans
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- ½ tsp White pepper, ground fresh
- 1 Tbsp PBC All-Purpose Pit Rub
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until slightly crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the strips to drain on paper towels, let cool, then chop into small pieces.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the pan.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until they are just softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the onion mixture and the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the bean mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions and install the grill grate.
Tip: Use our Hinged Grill Grate to easily hang meat and cook sides at the same time.
- Cook on the grill grate 2½ hours, or until the top is browned and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Recipe inspired by and adapted from “Tammy’s Baked Beans” as published in World Champion Bar-B-Q by John Willingham