- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until slightly crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the strips to drain on paper towels, let cool, then chop into small pieces.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the pan.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until they are just softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the onion mixture and the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the bean mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Light your Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions and install the grill grate.
Tip: Use our Hinged Grill Grate to easily hang meat and cook sides at the same time.
- Cook on the grill grate 2½ hours, or until the top is browned and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Recipe inspired by and adapted from “Tammy’s Baked Beans” as published in World Champion Bar-B-Q by John Willingham